Twenty Birthdays and Twenty Lessons
Today I turn twenty years old.
So, as is typical for us bloggers, I wanted to share some thoughts…twenty to be exact. All about my birthdays.
- My first birthday isn’t one I clearly remember. But I know I smashed my face in some Barney themed cake.
- My second birthday applies to the rule above.
- So does my third.
- I think I had a clown for my fourth birthday. I was terrified but I got up in front of people anyways. My fourth birthday taught me how to be fearless.
- My fifth birthday was a Dora the Explorer party. I remember being overwhelmed by the number of people. I also remember that my dad dressed up as Swiper and I was upset that I didn’t get to chase him because my shoe came untied. My fifth birthday reminded me not to let myself be left behind.
- My sixth birthday included every single girl in my kindergarten class at a pottery painting place. I learned who real friends were. Not that the people there were bad! It was a lot of fun. But I realized I wasn’t close to a lot of them. Continue reading “Twenty Birthdays and Twenty Lessons”